Philadelphia became the first WPS team ever to win a home playoff game Sunday when they won 1-0 against the Washington Freedom in the WPS First Round courtesy of a 120th minute overtime goal from forward Amy Rodriguez.
– Boston’s last game was a 0-0 tie against Sky Blue FC on the final day of the regular season on September 11.
– After going 1-5-4, including a nine-game winless streak, during the first half of the season before the WPS All-Star break, Boston went 9-2-3 in July, August and September to finish second in the WPS Regular Season standings
– Philadelphia finished third in the regular season with 34 points, one point behind Boston, and defeated No. 4 Washington to earn a place into the WPS Super Semifinal.
– Philadelphia was 10-6-4 through August 15th before a four-game losing streak to finish the regular season left them at .500 for the regular season
– Boston finished the season by being shut-out in two consecutive games by FC Gold Pride and Sky Blue FC after having a streak of eight consecutive games prior to that with at least two goals.