Tina Charles scored a career-high 36 points, 11 of which came in the 4th quarter, as the New York Liberty (3-3) held off the Dallas Wings (3-3) 93-89 on Friday night at The Garden.
Trailing by 5 at the half, and 65-57 with 5:10 remaining in the 3rd quarter, New York closed the 3rd on a 14-2 run to take control of the game, and the Liberty never trailed again, going up by as many as 9 points down the stretch. Shavonte Zellous posted her first 20-point game as a member of the Liberty, finishing with 27 points, the most since she posted a career-high 33 on June 25, 2014. In all, the Liberty had 4 players score in double figures. Kiah Stokes set a new career-high of 15 rebounds to go along with 13 points, and Bria Hartley nailed a pair of 3-pointers to finish with 10 points.
New York Liberty Notes:
- Tina Charles finished with a career-high 36 points to lead the Liberty for her 4th-straight game of 20-plus points
- For Charles, it was her 10thcareer 30-point game and 7th as a member of the Liberty
- Shavonte Zellous had her 1st20-point game as a member of the Liberty and finished with 27, her highest point total since scoring a career-high 33 on June 25, 2014
- Rookie point guard Lindsay Allen made her WNBA debut with 5:08 remaining in the 1stquarter
- Kiah Stokes tied her season high of 8 rebounds in the 1stquarter and finished with a career-high 15 rebounds & 13 points
- Bria Hartley scored 2 points through the 1st5 games of the season and finished with 10, including a pair of 3-pointers
- Turned the ball over 10 times in the 1sthalf, leading to 12 Dallas points but committed just 5 turnovers in the 2nd half
- Dallas took its largest lead of the game 64-57 in the 3rdquarter which the Liberty answered with an 14-2 run to end the period